The next phase of Paddle Sport Performance clinics will begin Monday Nov 2nd and run for 4 weeks. We will be evaluating safety and trends as we go.
Things will be different in a number of ways.
Please take the time to read below and let me know of your interest (and the names of the people in your training cohort).
A copy of these protocols will be posted at the shop.
Each participant will be briefly screened before entering the shop.
We will NOT be mixing training cohorts at this time. (What does this mean? Read to the end)
Available time slots will be listed below in the hopes that you take the time to read each Covid Protocol Rule in order to attend this year
- Ergs will be outside when possible so dress accordingly (feel safe that we have an established protocol should we have to move the ergs indoors …keep reading)
- Maximum number of athletes per training cohort is 5.
- Our primary focus? Training safely
- We will spend our time on technical discussions and knowledge and then application
- Masks are mandatory at all times indoors. This includes on the ergs. Masks are not mandatory outside
- The ergs are set up to provide a “box” distance of 14 feet by 14 feet indoors.
This GREATLY exceeds all other established protocols. This means reduced volume of participants but feel confident that you will have no close contact with anyone else. Your safety and comfort is paramount to Paddle Sport Performance.
- All flywheel ergs indoors will be boxed/covered at all times. Hepa filters will be placed over the air intakes to help filter the air.
- Displays will be removed from the ergs as sanitization protocols and electronics make it risky for equipment (and we are focusing on technique anyways right?)
- Garage door and front door will be open when inside on the ergs. Dress accordingly
- No weights or warming up / stretching on the floor. Do not bring any equipment inside.
- No change rooms, come prepared to work out which means no coats, bags, boots, coffee, water bottles etc allowed inside.
- While there is nothing better than catching up with friends please note that no loitering allowed indoors. Take all extending visiting / conversations outside away from the doors /ergs and to the other side of the parking lot and stay a minimum of 2 metres apart.
- Do not adjust shaft lengths, mirrors, or erg positioning.
- Do not enter before your assigned time. If we are inside, we will open the door and advise you it is time to come in. This limits common contact points like door handles.
- Physical distancing is required at all times even with masks on.
- Training cohorts will NOT be mixed this year. The group you train with should be the only group you train with at ALL times (this includes at other sites).
- It is not required but recommended that you download the Covid tracking app and keep your phone under or behind your erg.
- Avoid training erg at multiple locations. We can not control the protocols at other locations and do not guarantee that they are able to uphold strict safety protocols as well as adequate athlete spacing. Personally I would feel more comfortable if you did not come to PSP if you are training in other unsafe erg locations. I wish you well in your training but please do not place our clients/athletes at risk.
- Sign up for this 4 week cycle!! We will not be expanding numbers after this so the extension spots will only go to those already registered. This prevents cross contamination in training cohorts. Missing out on this will guarantee that you will be further behind in your preparation for 2021 when things open up again on water.
PREVENTION OF ATTENDING PADDLE SPORT PERFORMANCE CLINICS
- Observation of activity that flaunts public health measures (through social media or other means) or statements like “I will live my life the way I want to live my life covid or not” will place that individual in a “high risk category”. Individuals in a high risk category (see below) are prohibited from attending any Paddle Sport Performance event.
- If you have travelled in the last 14 days (including travel outside of Ontario), you are not permitted to participate with Paddle Sport Performance; if travel is outside of Canada you must self-isolate as per the Government of Canada recommendations.
- If you have participated in high risk category situations like large gatherings or close contact activities in the past 14 days you are not permitted to participate.
- If you feel sick (even a little) please stay home! Think of others.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer to sanitizer your hands before entering the shop and have on hand at all times (2 oz bottles would be perfect and are refillable ). I will disinfect/sanitize the equipment but the more you clean your hands the safer we will all be.
- If you develop symptoms or test positive within 4 days of having been with Paddle Sport Performance please text Derek at 647-402-2578 with your full name.
- Primary symptoms of COVID may include: • Feeling feverish, new or worsening cough, difficulty breathing
- Secondary symptoms of COVID-19 may include: • Sore throat, difficulty swallowing, loss of taste/smell, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pneumonia, runny nose, or nasal congestion with no underlying reason (seasonal allergies, pre-existing condition)
- If you notice any of these symptoms, please call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or your family physician
AVAILABLE TIME SLOTS AND COST
- 4 weeks $120 plus tax
- Starting date Monday Nov 2nd through Sunday Nov 8th
- Cohorts can not be mixed. You must advise your training cohort for approval with a maximum of 5 people
- Lunch time cohort minimum is 3 maximum 5, all other times slots minimum if 4, max 5 people.
Thursday - 5pm or 8pm
Saturday - 11:30
Sunday 1pm or 2:30pm